Skip to main content

My Current Reads

Hi all, just wanted to start posting more about reading. I just finished the book Turtles All the Way Down by John Green. That book is about mental health. A young girl and her friend are in search of a billionaire who has gone missing. The book gives a really great depiction of how it feels to have OCD. Although I am sure that the disorder is different for everyone, I felt that it really helped the reader to feel what the character was going through and feeling. It was a really great and somewhat short read. Highly recommend.


Currently I am reading Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman. This book is about a couple who goes on their honeymoon to Bora Bora when they discover something in the water while scuba diving. This one is a thriller and so far is a very good read. The book starts off strong and has continued to keep me interested. So far, I recommend!

I look forward to posting updates on what I am reading and my hope is to get more people to read. Reading can raise your IQ and can also be excellent for anxiety/mental health. Happy reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter To Anyone Who Feels Like Giving Up

Dear Reader, If you are reading this, maybe you are a follower of my blogs, or perhaps you're reading this because you are at your breaking point and are looking for a reason to keep going. Well, if you are either of those, I am glad you are here.  Throughout my life, I have had many, many times that I have felt like giving up. There have been many times that I felt as though the world would be better off without me. I know many readers do not feel comfortable when they read/hear those kinds of things. But these are my truths. There have been many times that I have looked in the mirror and said horrible things to myself, such as calling myself those little words that cut like a knife: ugly, fat, stupid, lazy, failure, waste of space, worthless, useless, not worthy, crazy, weak... the list goes on forever.  But now when I look at myself I see someone who is beautiful (for the most part, I still have my insecurities, of course), compassionate, caring, hard-working, independent, and m

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog! In the past I had a blog that was just centered around specific life events. I think it was a way for me to cope with what was happening at the time. At the time, I thought I was better and healthy enough to share with the world, but I realize now that I wasn't.  I have since "graduated" from therapy. Which is something to celebrate. I know many who had read my old blog are probably interested in the dramatic events that were my life, and I will reveal those. But, I also want to incorporate other aspects of my life as well. Since my last blog, I started a photography business, which has been slow moving at best and I admittedly have much to learn. But, it is something that brings me joy, especially now in the summer. I love taking pictures of my garden. I spend most of my time reading, which for anyone who has ever enjoyed reading or currently does knows that it can help a lot with anxiety. I find that it is fun to jump into a whole other world. It

Understanding BPD and PTSD *TW: Eating disorders, suicidal ideation, alcohol use, domestic abuse*

As I have mentioned before in previous blogs, I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. We can often become misinformed about what personality disorder are, label people as crazy, dismiss them, or treat them differently. Overall, people with any kind of mental health disorders are just people. Our brains produce different chemical levels and therefore causes us to think differently or act differently. It is also important to keep in mind that not every person is the same even if they have the same disorder as someone else, everyone is effected differently.   BPD is usually caused by some form of childhood trauma. For me this was formed from my adoption. There wasn't anything about the actual adoption itself but about the fact that my biological father chose to walk away. Although it isn't about me in particular but more about that he probably wasn't ready to be a father at such a youn